Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wheeler and Wilson 9

WW9Front
The Wheeler and Wilson Model D-9 Dates from around 1900 and was obviously a very successful design as it was copied by many companies.
WW9Rear
These machines did not have decals on the beds which was one way of overcoming them wearing off ;-)
This particular base is the short-version making it a fairly light and compact machine. The longer version was about 3 inches (7.5cm longer)
WW9FEnd WW9Crank
It seems that  Wheeler and Wilson were never quite happy with the handcrank design as  I have seen at least 4 different versions.
Cheers     Rob and Lynne

3 comments:

Sue Dennis said...

Hi Lynne
You are the lucky winner of the 12 month subscription to Get Creative magazine- drawn from readers to my site www.suedennisartquilts.blogspot.com
If you'd like to contact me with your address I'll arrange the subscription- before Wednesday would be great as I'm going OSeas.
cheers, Sue

Sue Dennis said...

Lynne I'll need your postal address for the subscription please.
cheers, Sue

Quilts And Pieces said...

I am so jealous of all your machines! I'm drooling everywhere! I can't wait to look through your blog some more!