Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Socks are Finished :-))))

Hi All

I can officially say that I finished and wore my socks for Mother's Day :-)) and yes I have started the next pair. They are a great portable project.

The Boys took me out for breakfast for Mother’s Day and it was lovely.

Have finished my Jumper and just need to sew it up. After all that lovely rain last night and with the weather starting to come in cooler I can smell winter my favourite time of the year.

It is a big day today as Rowan is 18 - a milestone! 6 foot 2 inches and he looks a striking young man. Needless to say he towers over both Rob and I!

I cooked them Baked Beans in the Crock pot overnight so they woke up to a nice hot breakfast. There is nothing like your own homemade Baked Beans. It was well appreciated.

Hopefully I will get some sewing done this week as those Nearly Insane blocks are now a week behind. There is only so much time in the day.

Rob is away in Tasmania til tomorrow and I am feeling very pleased with myself as I managed to win for him a “LITTLE BABY” Toy sewing machine with its case. Stay Tune for photos. I know as soon as it arrives he will pull it all to pieces, polish it and put it back together again! Now if only I can stop him long enough to take before photos. It is always amazing the transformation after he has cleaned and polished a machine and it never ceases to amaze me.

New Home Bed Decal

Thought you might like to see a photo of the Decal on the bed of our New Home Treadle Sewing Machine. Amazing how much was fitted into one Decal.

Cheers Lynne

1 comment:

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Hi Lynne.
I am a bit behind - congratulation to Rowan on his 18th birthday. I am sure, you had a wonderful day. Homemade baked beans...I am hungry ;-) and love baked beans, but I have never tried to make them myself.
You have started new socks ;-). I will be looking forward to see them.
Hugs,
Anne-Mette