Jones Hand

Jones Hand

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Challenge 7 Red Items

 PaintedfansofjapanW PaintedfansofjapanW2

Painted Fans of Japan on my Japanese sewing box called a Haribako 1920’s. Notice the ruler at the rear of the top photo. My little pincushion has a cat button turned up for you to see. The mechanism inside is to act as the third hand for holding the kimono fabric as you handsew them together and also to hold the threads.

 frontdoorF

The red of the Sturt Peas (South Australia’s flower) in the stained glass at our front door.

NWbookHumptyW2bNWbookinsideW NWbookHumptyW  Don’t you love Humpty Dumpty. He is a pincushion.  My Sister-in-Law made him for me :-) The sweet little needlecase with the little ladybird pin for goodluck was made by my Dear Friend Nancy. One side has Strawberries in the centre and the other a bird. We collect bird fabrics :-)

Vulcan Minor Front 1

A Red Toy Sewing Machine. Had to have one of those didn’t we :-) This is a little Vulcan from the 50’s.

RedRoseW5Geranium1W  Red flowers from the garden A rose and a Pelagonium :-)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

“Spring Radiance” A predominately Red Quilt made in a Judy Hooworth workshop quite a number of years ago.

I do have bright fabrics too :-)

KaffeW1

My Kaffe Fassett Bag :-) Now I would like to Challenge Lurline to join in the fun and find 7 pink things from her home.  Cheers Lynne

3 comments:

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Wauh, you did this much quicker than I did. The little red sewing machine is sooo cute, the pincushions funny and the stained glass in your frontdoor is fantastic.
Cheers Anne-Mette
PS - so happy you joined the fun.

ranette said...

Fun post Lynne! Love the front door.

Liz said...

Great post Lynne, love all your reds, lots of fun.
Lizzie
XXX